Week 2 - Day 3

Late Entry | SN Cleveland
BEQ#: 832 - R219
WED - 29MAR17

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at ATT we had our first personnel inspections and met our mentor whose name and rank escape me in this late entry. I'll mark it later when I have it written down. One of the students in our class is MR2 Macias who has come to cross rate from his time in the fleet, he was assigned temporary duty as the classes Master-at-Arms until after the Thursday test at which point a class leader and assistant class leader would be chosen.

Inspection was much simpler then the boot camp version, mostly looking for loose strings (gear adrift) and looking at socks, buckles, and boots. Just two people in the class got an outstanding in our class though I did come in at satisfactory and got a complement on my boots. They seem to be looking for care to have been taken in actually waxing the boot as opposed to the superficial fire shining and other methods people around base are using to get the toe to have the glassed look. It's pretty amazing to see attention to detail in an action that was originally about preserving leather having taken a turn to just be superficial attempts at a specific look.

The ATT building is full of people who have been set-back in training, they go to school with the rest of us on the morning "bus" and they clean the building daily waiting to be classed up. This is a fate I desperately hope to avoid. The material started into Ohm's Law and went through Power, and equipment familiarization as well as a pre-test. We had to work with components, get use to the Nida testing station and prep for the test, all punctuated by the usual breaks to Zappers and lunch.

When we got back to the barracks I attempted to finish my signatures done as the deadline was fast approaching for the two week turn in of my sign off sheet but still failed to get chiefs signature along with 4 of the other people who came in with me. It was also the first time we had mando, we had to dress down from our NWU's and into PTU's to march over to Bldg. 4 gym. The workout wasn't so intense but it was good to get the body moving. The porter was late to the party but it was a good set, while we were there I got my first look at the large rock-climbing wall which I'm determined to revisit soon.

When we got back from mando I got my first walking chit from the yeomans office and hoofed it back to school to for my first stab at open learning before the test.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LATE ENTRY END

Comments

Popular Posts