Week 3 - Day 1

Late Entry | SN Cleveland
BEQ#: 832 - R219
MON - 03APR17
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to the routine, due to poor time management I'd entirely failed to get a good night sleep but my body seems to be continuing it's adaption from boot camp of just handling it. In fact I actually seem to be more tired when I do get a fair amount of sleeping in. The mornings have become a norm now, dress, hygiene, clean, porter muster, food, ATT muster, march, class muster, classroom. All of which takes from 0500 - 0700. Due to my evening activities I woke up late and hadn't properly stowed my laptop or anything relating to it. I'd also forgotten the one page assignment over the weekend so things were fairly rushed.

At ATT we launched into the week 2 content of basic DC circuits, parallel circuit theory, parallel circuit troubleshooting theory, and series-parallel theory all punctuated by the normal break time at Zappers. At lunch, another trip to Marinara's for me, we were told that we weren't coming back to the ship. Instead the afternoon would be spent attending "Sex Signals" yet another Sapper class.

So, one of the things the Navy seems to be fairly good at I've noticed is taking captive audiences and funneling them through whatever program, processing, advertisement, or offer they have. SexSignals was a welcome change to what we'd endured at boot camp and indoc however it was still largely the same message. Try not to touch each other, consent is everything, drunk people can consent to nothing, sexual assault and harassment happens all the time, report it you have both unrestricted options and can't we change the culture of the Navy so these aren't problems we face as a service or a country.

All and all the format wasn't so bad, they had two facilitators that treated the thing more like interactive theater doing improves of situations... some of which were super uncomfortable. Audience reaction varied considerably and I'm still amazed at some of the things I hear from fellow sailors. Especially at these courses.

From there we marched back to the Porter and I took the opportunity to grab my first walking chit and headed to ATT for open learning. Open learning is a time during non-duty times where you can study the material, catch up on the content and do labs with instructors around to assist as needed. My approach for week 2 has been to do all the learning portions during class and take as good of notes as can be afford with time and to do the labs in open study. It's suggested that we have 7+ hours of open learning a week and this can a leading factor in the conclusion of a ARB. My solution will be to not end up in a ARB to begin with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LATE ENTRY END

Comments

Popular Posts