Week 4 - Day 1

Daily Log Entry | SN Cleveland
BEQ#: 832-R219

MON - 10APR17
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day started out rough, I went down to the quarterdeck at 0230 to seek out the rover. I had watch at 0330 and with my phone dead I needed someone to wake me. Despite getting my wake-up call settled getting to watch was still problematic. I had ten minutes to get dressed and down after wake up. Roving in the morning is very quiet, you walk to all the same areas on the ship and mark them on spot before returning to the BDO at 0355, 0425, 0455, and 0525 respectively to report that all conditions are normal. This is broken only by the occasional external check.

After that, muster, fall out and ATT. Unfortunately my lack of sleep was after me, and I couldn't make it through a single slide without passing out for the first two hours or so. After lunch I was able to make it through a module however I still had a great amount of work to go to even finish the days content.

The weather couldn't make up it's mind all day, sometimes letting out the sudden deluge only to be sunny minutes later. Many were hoping rain would alleviate our required mando but this wasn't the case despite a deluge right before we formed up at the pier. Mando wasn't so difficult, physical activity seems to cut through the fog of exhaustion for me and it was quite enjoyable and made me once more desire to find the place in my routine for workouts.

Once we got home liberty dropped nearly instantly, and I found my way to my bed after a long debate about open learning. I didn't wake again until 2130, thirty minutes before taps at which point NTI fairly forcefully insisted I eat and then shoved his old ATT notes at me with an insistence I study which I did into the night punctuated by a game and the download of Audible onto my computer to be used as the background soundtrack for any and all activities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAILY LOG ENTRY END

Comments

  1. Have you discussed the nocturnal patterning and deep sleep with medical? It might at least help to explain that this isn't just choice but more is at work, even as you try to figure out how to make it work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts