Week 1 - Day 1

Today was my first day here at A-School. Post-graduation Lib is behind me. Rev was at 0500 and the routine had already set in, get up and then one hour to dress, hygiene, clean the room and head down to muster with the other new arrivals to head to indoc.

The march over was painful, despite being fresh out of boot camp and having had extensive preparation for marching in ranks we were a disorganized rabble in ranks. The driver, whose job is to get us where we are suppose to be going didn't know where we were heading and hadn't benefitted from having been RPCO in RTC so it was essentially his first day on the job.

The motivator, the person who sings cadence for the ranks was also chosen at random from the indoc crew. Once we got to indoc we were separated into groups based on last name and given a briefing by the CO, the Command Master Chief, and the chaplain. Lunch again had us hundred to the galley as the "indoc unit". Of the 6 lines I tried the Asian line, a mistake I won't make again.

The rest of the day was figuring out how to navigate barracks life. Liberty wasn't relevant because despite not being qualified it was a duty day for my section so I shadowed the BDO, and he POOW, got my PI done for my NWU and then attempted to unpack my room.

Such is the life of a sailor fresh out of boot. More to come...

Comments

Popular Posts